2019 Canoe Kayak Canada Annual Summit
November 21 –24, 2019
“Home of the 2022 ICF World Sprint Championships”
Canoe Kayak Canada is delighted to be hosting the 2019 Annual Summit in Dartmouth, NS at the Doubletree by Hilton Halifax Dartmouth. This is our annual opportunity for members to come together to meet, work together to learn and develop various programs and to celebrate. We encourage all coaches, commodores, and club staff to attend. Below is a summary of the meetings and workshops.
1. We will be holding workshop development sessions including mental health, and safe sport. Both topics are of course relevant and important topics to discuss. We will also be looking for membership approval of the Safe Sport Manual during our Meeting of Members.
2. The Annual Summit will also feature two days of Coach Development themes tackling a variety of topics including coaching female athletes, resilience in coaching, periodization and performance planning, as well as a holistic approach to coaching, specifically looking at developing indigenous athletes.
3. The Annual Summit will also host our Annual Discipline meetings for Marathon, Whitewater and Sprint and as well as CKC Board, and other committee meetings. Various elections will also take place.
4. Our Annual Meeting of Members will take place on Saturday afternoon. This is our core meeting where all members come together to hear updates, discuss policy and finances and together lay the groundwork for 2020.
5. It is also a time to celebrate. On Friday evening the Alumni Council will host a Welcome Reception for all disciplines, and alumni to attend. The theme will be the launch of the 2022 ICF Sprint World Championships and to recognize and honour past World Championship Team members. Saturday evening CKC will host our Coaches Celebration Dinner for all achievements in 2019.
Please join us in Dartmouth!
Registration is now available.
$195 + fees for 4 days
$225 + fees for 4 days, if booked after November 6