Canoe Kayak Canada is looking for one individual to join the organization’s Board of Directors as the Athlete Director-at-Large. This position is instrumental in providing an athlete’s perspective to the discussions and decision-making of the organization.
As a full member of the Board of Directors, the Athlete Director-at-Large will have all of the duties and responsibilities of a Director and will participate in all Board meetings, discussions and decisions.
Candidates must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be 18 years of age or older,
- Have the power under law to contract,
- Be a resident of Canada,
- Have not been declared incapable by a court in Canada or in another country,
- Do not have the status of bankrupt, and
- Satisfies the requirements of the Income Tax Act in relation to the eligibility to serve as a director of a registered charity
- Be an active or retired (within the last five years) member of a senior national team in any of the canoe racing disciplines
In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in serving on Not For Profit Boards of Directors
- A specific skill set or expertise that would be of benefit to the organization
- Knowledge of the Canadian sport system is an asset but not required
- Ability to commit approximately 10 – 15 hours per month to the work of the Board
- Willing and able to travel if necessary
This is a volunteer position with a two year term.
Interested candidates are required to complete the form below in order to be considered for the position.
Application form cane be found here.
Deadline for applications is midnight EST on Sept 5, 2022.
Please send applications to Chair of the CKC Nominating Committee, care of Kathy Hare by email to email@example.com