Canoe Kayak Canada is looking for one individual to join the organization’s Board of Directors. This position is representative of the Paddling Association members of CKC and will be instrumental in providing a member perspective to the discussions and decision-making of the organization.
The Board of Directors is comprised of a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 11 people. Below outlines how these positions are elected or appointed by the two classes of membership within CKC:
- Each of the 3 Paddling Disciplines have 2 positions which they elect or appoint from their discipline members for a total of 6 positions
- The Paddling Association members elect 4 positions from amongst the entire CKC membership
Candidate must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be 18 years of age or older,
- Have the power under law to contract,
- Be a resident of Canada,
- Have not been declared incapable by a court in Canada or in another country,
- Do not have the status of bankrupt, and
- Satisfies the requirements of the Income Tax Act in relation to the eligibility to serve as a director of a registered charity
- Be a current member in good standing of a Paddling Association member of CKC
In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in serving on Not For Profit Boards of Directors
- Knowledge of CKC and its member disciplines
- A specific skill set or expertise that would be of benefit to the organization
- Knowledge of the Canadian sport system is an asset but not required
- Ability to commit approximately 10 – 15 hours per month to the work of the Board
- Willing and able to travel if necessary
This is a volunteer position with a term of three years.
Interested candidates are required to complete the attached form in order to be considered for the position.
Deadline for applications is midnight EST on September 5, 2022.
Please send applications to Chair of the CKC Nominating Committee, care of Kathy Hare by email to firstname.lastname@example.org