(August 2018) – Canoe Kayak Canada is looking for one individual to join the organization’s Board of Directors as the Independent Director-at-Large. This position is instrumental in providing an external perspective to the discussions and decision- making of the organization.
As a full member of the Board of Directors, the Independent Director-at-Large will have all of the duties and responsibilities of a Director and will participate in all Board meetings, discussions and decisions.
Candidates must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be 18 years of age or older,
- Have the power under law to contract,
- Be a resident of Canada,
- Have not been declared incapable by a court in Canada or in another country,
- Do not have the status of bankrupt, and
- Satisfies the requirements of the Income Tax Act in relation to the eligibility to serve as a director of aregistered charity
- Have no previous or current affiliation with CKC or any of its membersIn addition, the ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in serving on Not-for-Profit Boards of Directors
- A specific skill set or expertise that would be of benefit to the organization
- Knowledge of the Canadian sport system is an asset but not required
- Ability to commit approximately 10 – 15 hours per month to the work of the Board
- Willing and able to travel if necessaryThis is a volunteer position with a one year term.
Interested candidates are required to complete the attached form in order to be considered for the position.Deadline for applications is midnight EST on August 20, 2018.Please send applications to Chair of the CKC Nominating Committee, care of Kathy Hare by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org