Canoe Kayak Canada (CKC) is the recognized authority by the International Canoe Federation on all aspects of paddling in Canada including the Olympic disciplines of sprint and slalom, and the Paralympic discipline of Paracanoe. Our vision is to be a Canadian sport for families, communities, and champions.
We are seeking an individual for a permanent position, supported through a partnership between Canoe Kayak Canada (CKC) and the Canadian Sport Centre Atlantic (CSCA), to serve as National Assistant Coach based in the Halifax/Dartmouth National Training Centre. The Coach will work under the direction of the Head Coach. As with all Coaching roles, this position will be subject to review pending the outcome of a High Performance Program Review following the 2024 Olympic Games.
As a reflection of CKC’s commitment to Inclusion, as one the core values committed to in our 2024 Strategic Plan, we encourage all applicants for this position, especially those who identify with underrepresented communities in technical leadership roles within our sport. All questions about this role can directed to Ian Mortimer, Director of Development – firstname.lastname@example.org
Under the guidance of the National Team Head Coach (HC) and relevant National Discipline Coaches (NDC) and as directed by the Chief Technical Officer (CTO), this Assistant Coach Role will assist in the delivery of a national team training and competition plan, based out of the Halifax/Dartmouth Training Centre. They will also work closely with the relevant leadership of the Canadian Sport Centre Atlantic to collaborate around our National Team program to ensure a world leading daily training environment.
If you possess the passion and qualifications for this position, please submit your resume along with a covering letter clearly outlining why you believe you are who we are looking for.
Application deadline is September 17, 2021; apply to email@example.com
- The successful candidate will have a degree in a related field or equivalent.
- Be a certified Competition Development National Coaching Certification Program coach or hold an equivalent national coaching qualification
- Be willing to engage in continuing education including registration in Advanced Coaching Diploma of the National Coaching Certification Program
Skills / Background
- Be a coach with a successful track record of coaching athletes to the national and / or international level and / or extensive international experience as an athlete.
- Have an excellent understanding of LTAD for the canoe/kayak athlete and in particular the identification of and development of our next generation of podium potential athletes.
- Show evidence of working effectively within a team, possessing excellent planning, interpersonal, management and organizational skills, and can motivate and inspire others
- Have good written and oral communication skills
- The ability to work in both official languages is considered an asset
- Evidence of the ability to think innovatively and use experience and knowledge from other sports or fields to accomplish excellence
- Key personal qualities include adaptability, commitment, drive, innovation
- Strong computer literacy and coaching software
Applications are to be summited electronically by 4:00 pm Friday September 17, 2021 to:
Ian Mortimer, Director of Development
As a reflection of CKC’s commitment to Inclusion, as one the core values committed to in our 2024 Strategic Plan, we encourage all applicants for this position especially those who identify with underrepresented communities in technical leadership roles within our sport. In addition, Canoe Kayak Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We appreciate your interest however only those that will be selected for an interview will be contacted.