As a reflection of CKC’s commitment to Inclusion, as one of the core values committed to in our 2024 Strategic Plan, we continue to look to fill technical roles within our organization with individuals from underrepresented groups within our technical leadership team. Furthermore, our commitment to adherence to our Safe Sport standards and policies often requires key persons of authority who identify as a Man and Woman in coaching situations. Accordingly, CKC seeks to fill this term position with an individual who identifies as a woman.
This is a term position to cover a temporary leave of absence, supported through a partnership between Canoe Kayak Canada (CKC) and the Canadian Sport Centre Atlantic (CSCA). This position will commence June 20, 2022 and conclude February 1, 2023.
Skills / Background
- Be a coach with a successful track record of coaching athletes to the national and / or international level and / or extensive international experience as an athlete.
- Have an excellent understanding of LTAD for the canoe/kayak athlete and in particular the identification of and development of our next generation of podium potential athletes.
- Show evidence of working effectively within a team, possessing excellent planning, interpersonal, management and organizational skills, and can motivate and inspire others
- Have good written and oral communication skills
- The ability to work in both official languages is considered an asset
- Evidence of the ability to think innovatively and use experience and knowledge from other sports or fields to accomplish excellence
- Key personal qualities include adaptability, commitment, drive, innovation
- Strong computer literacy and coaching software
Deadline for application: June 3rd, 2022.
Questions about this term position should be directed to Ian Mortimer, Chief Technical Officer – email@example.com