OTTAWA – CanoeKayak Canada is pleased to congratulate the 8 coaches who have been nominated for the Coaching Excellence Awards. Winners will be announced at CanoeKayak Canada’s annual coaching conference on November 28 in Ottawa.
“Every day, coaches across the country go to great lengths to make a difference in the lives of our athletes and our sport system,” said Peter Niedre, CanoeKayak Canada’s Director of Coach and Athlete Development. “We’re proud to recognize these eight nominees. Taking time to formally recognize the accomplishments of our coaches goes a long way in professionalizing the coaching career pathway.”
The CEO’s Award is awarded to a coach who goes above and beyond to contribute to the advancement of CanoeKayak in addition to their regular coaching duties. The Club Development Award recognizes a coach who has made significant achievements in developing a club or the sport at the grassroots level. The Coach Recognition Awards will also recognize those who have been selected to a National Team or achieved a gold medal at National Championships.
The awards will be presented at a Celebration Supper on November 28 in Ottawa. Click here for more information and to order tickets.
CEO’s Award of Coaching Excellence
- Chris Chaisson (Mic Mac AAC – Dartmouth, NS)
- Frédéric Jobin (CanoeKayak Canada – Lac Beauport, QC)
- Jon Pike (Maskwa Aquatic Club – Halifax, NS)
- Mike Vincent (Regina Marathon Canoe Club – Regina, SK)
Club Development Award
- Hunter George (Burloak Canoe Club – Oakville, ON)
- Daniel Girouard (Yukon Canoe and Kayak Club – Whitehorse, YK)
- Michael Holroyd (Alberta Slalom Canoe Kayak – Calgary, AB)
- Peter Martinek (Balmy Beach Canoe Club – Toronto, ON)
CanoeKayak Canada is the national governing body for competitive paddling in Canada. The organization’s vision is to be a Canadian sport for families, communities and champions. From supporting clubs to developing a competitive National Team, CanoeKayak Canada works to grow a sport which is a rich part of Canada’s heritage.
For more information, contact:
Communications and Marketing Officer, CanoeKayak Canada