Canoe Kayak Canada (CKC) is the national body for competitive paddling in Canada. CKC is the recognized authority by the International Canoe Federation on all aspects of paddling in Canada including the Olympic disciplines of sprint and slalom, and the Paralympic discipline of Paracanoe. Our vision is to be a Canadian sport for families, communities and champions.
We are seeking an individual to fulfill the position of Senior Manager National Program Development (the Manager) to join our team in early 2021.
The Manager is responsible for overseeing the development and delivery of domestic programs and events that support program growth and the effective achievement with a focus on the sprint high-performance vision and plans.
The Manager is responsible to take measures that are necessary in the daily operation of the development program within the bounds of approved policy and the annual operating budget for that program. Through a collaborative model, the Manager is responsible for managing the delivery of key domestic programs and partnerships at all levels and will be responsible for related planning, budgeting, execution, communication and evaluation of the key domestic program activities. As well, the Manager will manage identified domestic coaching activities and projects, working closely with the Chief Technical Officer and Director of High Performance and Development. This position will also work closely with the Senior Manager High Performance Operations and Senior High Performance Manager and Coach Development and other staff as needed to deliver domestic programs and related objectives.
If you possess the passion and qualifications listed below, we would like to hear from you. You may submit your application with a covering letter outlining why you believe you are who we are looking for!
Application deadline is January 8th, 2021; apply Casey Wade, CKC CEO by email at; email@example.com
Demonstrated Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Post-secondary degree in a discipline of sport science, coaching, physical education, or related field. Preferably a Master’s degree in a complimentary field.
- A minimum of 5 years in a sport leadership role managing people to achieve measurable outcomes.
- Experience working successfully with sport scientists to use innovation and evidence to enhance programming and athlete improvement.
- Experience with planning and evaluation processes.
- Experience working with volunteer committees
- Strong communication and social skills
- Proven ability to work independently in a dynamic work environment
- Demonstrated leadership ability and staff supervision
- Knowledge of the Canoe Kayak Canada’s Club and Membership system is an asset
- Knowledge and experience with the National Coach Certification Program (NCCP) is an asset.
- Practical experience as a professional canoe-kayak coach is an asset.
- Education background and curriculum design experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of the Canadian Sport system is an asset
- Ability to converse in both French and English is an asset