EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY / HEAD COACH – Canoe Kayak Canada
Canoe Kayak Canada is the national body for competitive paddling in Canada. We are a volunteer led and staff driven organization made up of a community of paddling enthusiasts – athletes, coaches, officials, volunteers, staff and supporters – from coast to coast.
We are seeking a Head Coach to join our team. As the program implementation lead in the field, the Head Coach is responsible for the creation and implementation of the overall athlete High Performance Plan.
Reporting to the CTO the Head Coach oversees a staff of national coaches, and ensures that staff coaches are implementing and monitoring programing in accordance with best practice techniques that comprehensively address physical, technical, tactical, psychological and emotional principles of training, recovering, peaking and race execution.
If you possess the passion and qualifications listed below, please submit your application with a covering letter outlining why you believe you are who we are looking for!!
Application deadline is Friday September 29, 2017; apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be a certified level 4 National Coaching Certification Program coach or the designation of Chartered Profession Coach from the Coaching Association of Canada.Coaches who do not meet the prerequisites above may still be considered if they demonstrate that they have at least one of the following:
- Commensurate education (Master’s degree in coaching) at a Canadian university (copy of diploma);
- Commensurate education at a foreign university (copy of diploma);
- Commensurate education at a sport institute or equivalent (copy of diploma);
- Demonstrated performances as a coach of an athlete with international success at senior world championships, Olympic Games or Paralympic Games (performance record);
- Commensurate combination of education and experience (copy of diploma and performance record)
Skills / Background
- Be a world-class coach with a successful track record of coaching leadership at the international level.
- Strong desire to excel at whatever task is at hand, seeking to achieve world-class levels of professionalism, technical delivery and quality standards.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and constructively challenges traditional assumptions and methods.
- Develops direction and structure, ensuring clarity or role and purpose.
- Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing tasks.
- Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
- Demonstrates great judgement and creative approaches to challenge traditional technical and training assumptions and in providing solutions.
- Uses appropriate techniques and communication strategies to gain acceptance of ideas and plans.
- Ability to accurately analyze and translate performance data into meaningful program opportunities.
- Sets high goals/establishes stretch goals for personal, team and program accomplishment.
- Conveys an image that is consistent with the organization’s values. Demonstrates decisiveness and action in the management of issues as they arise.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills.
- Show evidence of possessing excellent planning, interpersonal, management and organizational skills, and can motivate and inspire others.
- Experience of applying aspects of sports science, medicine and technology to improve performance.
- The ability to work in both official languages is considered an asset.
- Evidence of the ability to think innovatively and use experience and knowledge from other sports or fields to accomplish excellence.
- Key personal qualities include adaptability, commitment, drive, innovation.
- Strong computer literacy and experience working with coaching software.
- Must obtain a police record check (vulnerable sector).
- Significant domestic and international travel required
If you have a passion for sport and believe you possess the appropriate experience and skill set for this position, please submit your resume along with salary expectations and covering letter with the top 3 reasons why you are the ideal candidate for this position.
Applications are to be summited electronically by September 29, 2017 to:
Graham Barton, Chief Technical Officer
Find the full job description here.
Canoe Kayak Canada is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. In addition, Canoe Kayak Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We appreciate your interest however only those that will be selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is financially supported by Sport Canada and Own the Podium.