Canoe Kayak Canada is looking for individuals to join the Whitewater Council (CKC-W Council). The CKC-W will meet at least twice per year via telephone conference. The main role of the Council and its discipline standing committees is to provide technical direction of the whitewater discipline and as such it operates with a relatively high degree of autonomy on technical matters specific to the whitewater discipline.
The following Whitewater Council positions are up for election at the upcoming Whitewater Council meeting.
- Whitewater Council Chair – 2 year term
- Wildwater Chair – 2 year term
- Whitewater Standing Committee Chair – 2 year term
All candidates must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be a current member in good standing of Canoe Kayak Canada
In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive knowledge of whitewater development programs and the Canadian sport system as it relates to the discipline
- Experience working on volunteer committees
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to work in both official languages is an asset
Please send completed application forms and a resumé outlining relevant skills and qualifications to James Cartwright by email at email@example.com before 5:00 pm on November 14th, 2019.