OTTAWA – CanoeKayak Canada is pleased to congratulate the 10 coaches who have been nominated for the Coaching Excellence Awards. Winners will be announced at CanoeKayak Canada’s annual coaching conference on November 29 in Ottawa. The CEO’s Award is awarded to a coach who goes above and beyond to contribute to the advancement of CanoeKayak in addition to their regular coaching duties. The Club Development Award recognizes a coach who has made significant achievements in developing a club or the sport at the grassroots level. The Coach Recognition Awards will also recognize those who have been selected to a National Team or achieved a gold medal at National Championships.
CEO’s Award of Coaching Excellence
- Tamas Buday Sr. (Mississauga – ON)
- Marc Creamer (Pointe-Claire – QC)
- Bob Vincent (Marathon – Dorchester, ON)
Club Development Award
- Rob Baert (Senobe – Dartmouth, NS)
- Robert Conrad (Sackawa – Sackville, NS)
- Edgar Garza (Calgary – AB)
- Mark Hubbard (Lake Milo – Yarmouth NS)
- Brian Hammer (Pitt Meadows PaddleALL Program – BC)
- Louis-Philippe Légaré (Centre d’Excellence d’Eau Vive de Valleyfield – QC)
- Karen Lukanovich (Viking – Wentworth-Nord, QC)
CanoeKayak Canada is the national governing body for competitive paddling in Canada. The organization’s vision is to be a Canadian sport for families, communities and champions. From supporting clubs to developing a competitive National Team, CanoeKayak Canada works to grow a sport which is a rich part of Canada’s heritage.
For more information, contact:
Communications and Marketing Officer, CanoeKayak Canada