Canoe Kayak Canada is looking for an individual to join the Sprint Racing Council and fill the role of Chair/Commodore of the Council. The Sprint Racing Council (SRC) is a technical committee of CKC that is representative of the CKC Paddling Association members active in the sprint racing discipline. It is one of three disciplines that currently make up the Paddling Discipline class of members within CKC.
The main role of the Council is to provide technical direction of the discipline and as such it operates with a relatively high degree of autonomy on technical matters specific to the discipline and to direct the sprint paddling discipline in Canada.
The Chair/Commodore of the SRC is the chief spokesperson of the Sprint Racing Discipline. He or she shall preside at all meetings of the Member clubs and of the Sprint Racing Council and shall be charged with the general supervision of the business and affairs of the Sprint Racing Discipline of CKC. As Chair/Commodore of the SRC, this person will also have a position on the CKC Board of Directors.
Candidates must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be 18 years of age or older,
- Have the power under law to contract,
- Be a resident of Canada,
- Have not been declared incapable by a court in Canada or in another country,
- Do not have the status of bankrupt, and
- Satisfies the requirements of the Income Tax Act in relation to the eligibility to serve as a director of a registered charity
- Be a current member in good standing of a Sprint Racing Paddling Association member of CKC
In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of CKC and the Sprint Racing Discipline
- Experience working on CKC volunteer committees
- A specific skill set or expertise that would be of benefit to the SRC and CKC
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills
- Knowledge of the Canadian sport system is an asset
- Ability to work in both official languages is an asset
- Ability to commit approximately 20-25 hours per month to the work of the SRC and the CKC Board
- Willing and able to travel if necessary
This is a volunteer position with a two year term.
Interested candidates are required to complete the attached form in order to be considered for the position.
Deadline for applications is Midnight EST on October 11, 2019.
Please send applications to Casey Wade, CEO, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org