Call for Candidates – Freestyle Committee
Canoe Kayak Canada is looking for individuals to join the Freestyle Committee. This is a sub-committee of the Canoe Kayak Canada Whitewater (CKC-W) Council. The main role of the Freestyle Committee is to provide technical direction and oversight of the Freestyle discipline. The Freestyle Committee will meet at least twice per year via telephone conference and is made up of the following 8 roles:
- 1 Chairperson (Elected by FS Committee Members)
- 1 Athlete Representative (Elected by the National Freestyle Team)
- 3 Regional Representatives from Western Canada (Elected by CKC-W Council)
- 3 Regional Representatives from Eastern Canada (Elected by CKC-W Council)
The CKC Whitewater Council is seeking nominations for the following positions. Nominations will be elected by the CKC-W council.
- 1 Regional Representatives from Western Canada (BC, AB, YK, NWT) for a 2 year term
- 1 Regional Representatives from Eastern Canada (SK, ON, QC, NS) for a 2 year term
Candidates must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be 18 years of age or older,
- Be a current member in good standing of CKC and the appropriate provincial/territorial association which they represent
In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive knowledge of Freestyle programs and the Canadian sport system as it relates to the discipline
- Experience working on volunteer committees
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to work in both official languages is an asset
Interested candidates are invited to complete the attached form to be considered for a position
Deadline for applications is Midnight EST on October 20th, 2019.
Please send applications to Scott Best by email at email@example.com.