Global Drug Reference Online
The Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport (CCES) is the custodian of the Canadian Anti-Doping Program (CADP); the set of rules that govern anti-doping in Canada. The CADP consists of several components such as in- and out-of-competition testing, education, medical exemptions, and the consequences of doping violations. The CADP is compliant with the World Anti-Doping Code and all international standards.
CanoeKayak Canada has adopted the CADP which means that you can be confident that you are part of a world-class anti-doping program that is designed to protect athletes’ rights and ensure a level playing field. CanoeKayak Canada’s anti-doping policy reflects and supports the CADP.
While the CCES administers anti-doping for the Canadian sport community, you may also be subject to the rules of your international federation. Learn more about the International Canoe Federation’s anti-doping policies and procedures.
The CCES recommends that athletes take the following actions to ensure they don’t commit an inadvertent anti-doping rule violation:
- Know your rights and responsibilities as an athlete with regard to anti-doping
- Always comply with a testing request if you are notified for doping control
- Check all medications and products before taking them to ensure they do not contain ingredients that are banned
- Verify your medical exemption requirements
- Do not take supplements, but if you do, take steps to minimize your risk
- Get the latest news. Sign up to receive CCES media releases and advisory notes
Additional Resources and Information
- The CCES AthleteZone is a hub of resources and information for athletes and their support
- The Global DRO provides athletes and support personnel with information about the prohibited status of specific substances based on the current WADA Prohibited List
- Physicians and medical personnel are encouraged to use the CCES DocZone for targeted medical information.
- Read more about the Canadian Anti-Doping Program
- The World Anti-Doping Agency works towards a vision of a world where all athletes compete in a doping-free sporting environment
- The CCES is a proud and active member of the True Sport Movement – a movement that is based on the simple idea that good sport can make a great difference.
For additional resources and more about anti-doping, please contact the CCES
Call toll-free: 1-800-672-7775