Canoe Kayak Canada is looking for two volunteers to join the Slalom High Performance Committee as members at large, which are voting members of the committee. The Whitewater Council recently updated the committee’s Terms of Reference (ToR) and added a 6th voting member to the committee. The revised ToR also indicate that the committee, to the extent possible, will ensure regional and gender representation within its composition. Additionally, the committee encourages individuals from underrepresented communities to respond to this call.
The Slalom HPC will meet at least twice per year via telephone or video conference. The main role of the Committee is to provide technical direction to the Slalom discipline and High Performance Programs and as such it operates with a relatively high degree of autonomy on technical matters specific to the Slalom discipline.
At a minimum, all candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be a current member in good standing of Canoe Kayak Canada
In addition, ideal candidates will have:
- Extensive knowledge of whitewater high performance programs and the Canadian sport system as it relates to the discipline
- Experience working on volunteer committees
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- The ability to work in both official languages is an asset.