Canoe Kayak Canada is looking for individuals to join the Canoe Slalom Development Committee. This committee will meet at least twice per year via online conference call. The main role of the CS-DC is to provide technical direction and oversight of the domestic development of the Canoe Slalom discipline. The following positions on the Canoe Slalom Development Committee are up for election.
- Canoe Slalom Development Committee Chair (2 year term)
- 2 Canoe Slalom Development Committee Coaching Representatives (2 year term)
- 3 Canoe Slalom Development Committee Provincial Representatives (1 year term)
All candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be a current member in good standing of a CKC Whitewater Provincial Territorial Sport Organization (PTSO)
In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive knowledge of Canoe Slalom discipline, Long-Term Athlete Development principles and the Canadian sport system
- Experience working on volunteer committees
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to work in both official languages is an asset
- A specific skill set or expertise that would be of benefit to the Domestic Development Committee
These are all volunteer positions. Interested candidates should submit the Candidate Qualification Form to James Cartwright by email at email@example.com. Deadline for applications is Midnight EST on March 20, 2020.