Canoe Kayak Canada is looking for an individual to join the Sprint Racing Domestic Development Committee. The Domestic Development Committee (DDC) is a sub-committee of the Sprint Racing Council. The main role of the DDC is to provide technical direction and oversight of the domestic development aspects of the discipline.
Some of the key duties of the DDC include:
- Promote and foster, for the purpose of perpetuating, sprint canoe racing in Canada
- In collaboration with CKC staff, advance the interests of domestic programs including LTAD initiatives
- Oversee the annual National Championships in the Sprint Racing Discipline
The DDC is a vital component of the Sprint Racing Discipline and requires a dynamic, experienced individual to support the committee in its work to ensure the ongoing development of the sport.
In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of Canoe Kayak Canada’s domestic club system, domestic competition in Canada, as well as the Sprint Racing Discipline Competition Rulebook
- Experience working on CKC volunteer committees
- Knowledge of the Canadian sport system is an asset
- Ability to work in both official languages is an asset
- Ability to commit to at least one or two-hour phone call a month, (though sometimes more during the racing season when specific issues arise.)
- Willing and able to travel to two or three in person meetings a year, which take place over a weekend (including the Canadian National Championships and CKC Annual Summit)
This volunteer position is to fill a vacancy on the DDC and therefore has a term ending at the 2020 CKC Summit. The position could be renewed for a 2 year term at that date should the SRC choose to appoint the successful individual for a full term.
Interested candidates are required to complete the attached form in order to be considered for the position.
Deadline for applications is Midnight EST on March 13, 2020.
Please send applications to Pierre Luc Laliberte, by email to email@example.com