CanoeKayak Canada is looking for an individual to join the Sprint Racing Domestic Development Committee and fill the role of Chair of the committee. The Domestic Development Committee (DDC) is a sub-committee of the Sprint Racing Council. The main role of the DDC is to provide technical direction and oversight of the domestic development aspects of the discipline. The Chair of this committee is also a member of the Sprint Racing Council.
Some of the key duties of the DDC include:
- Promote and foster, for the purpose of perpetuating, sprint canoe racing in Canada
- In collaboration with CKC staff, advance the interests of domestic programs including LTAD initiatives
- Oversee the annual National Championships in the Sprint Racing Discipline
The DDC is a vital component of the Sprint Racing Discipline and requires a dynamic, experienced individual to provide the guidance necessary to ensure the ongoing development of the sport.
Candidates must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be 18 years of age or older,
- Have the power under law to contract,
- Be a resident of Canada,
- Have not been declared incapable by a court in Canada or in another country,
- Do not have the status of bankrupt, and
- Satisfies the requirements of the Income Tax Act in relation to the eligibility to serve as a director of a registered charity
- Be a current member in good standing of a Sprint Racing Paddling Association member of CKC
In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working on volunteer committees
- Knowledge of CKC and the Sprint Racing Discipline
- A specific skill set or expertise that would be of benefit to the DDC and SRC
- Knowledge of the Canadian sport system is an asset but not required
- Ability to commit approximately 15-20 hours per month to the work of the DDC and SRC
- Willing and able to travel if necessary
This is a volunteer position with a two year term.
Interested candidates are required to complete the attached form in order to be considered for the position.
Deadline for applications is Midnight EST on October 18, 2019.
Please send applications to Casey Wade, CEO, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org