The Canoe Kids program teaches children fundamental canoe & kayak skills and encourages a lifelong interest in paddling, to enhance their quality of life and health.
The Canoe Kids program is designed to:
- Be fun!
- Help children develop water safety awareness and skills.
- Help children develop confidence on the water.
- Provide children an opportunity to paddle and socialize with their friends in a team environment.
- Build overall motor skills.
Why should your club offer the Canoe Kids program?
Cost-Effective Canoe Kids webpage gives you:
- Supplementary Canoe Kids materials
- Lesson plans
- Coaching material updates
- Canoe Kids is designed to be in line with CS4L Long Term Athlete Development principles
- Effective integration of games and skill learning
- All program materials are already developed – activity books, certificates, ribbons, handouts, posters
- Consistency in athlete knowledge as they move up age categories
- Rainy day activities
- Canoe Kids Checklist – efficient and easy way to monitor and track athlete development over several years
- Activity Book – consistency in message from all coaches
- Activity Book – Effective and easy way to monitor learning
- Activity Book and KM Chart – Concrete evidence of progress
- Certificate and Ribbons – Record of achievement
- Activity Book and Certificates – Effective and easy way to monitor learning