This is a permanent position, based in Canoe Kayak Canada’s Montreal National Training Centre. The intended start date of this position is October 1st, 2022.
As a reflection of CKC’s commitment to Inclusion, as one of the core values committed to in our 2024 Strategic Plan, we continue to look to fill technical roles within our organization with individuals from underrepresented groups within our technical leadership team. Furthermore, our commitment to adherence to our Safe Sport standards and policies often requires key persons of authority who identify as Male and Female in coaching situations. Any and all questions about this permanent position should be directed to Ian Mortimer, Chief Technical Officer – firstname.lastname@example.org
The CKC Men’s Kayak Coach hereinafter referred to as ‘The Coach” is part of a coaching team responsible for the development of sprint racing member athletes capable of achieving world-class performances while contributing to the physical, psychological and social development of each athlete entrusted into their care. This position will be based out of Montreal, Quebec at the National Training Center and requires extensive travel to meet international training and competition commitments.
Skills / Background
- Be a coach with a successful track record of coaching athletes to the national and / or international level and / or extensive international experience as an athlete.
- Be comfortable and enthusiastic in delivering programing as part of a team in close collaboration with other coaches and IST, with the HC making final decisions on programing, entries and other key technical decisions.
- Show evidence of working effectively within a team, possessing excellent planning, interpersonal, management and organizational skills, and can motivate and inspire others
- Have good written and oral communication skills
- The ability to work in both official languages is considered an asset
- Evidence of the ability to think innovatively and use experience and knowledge from other sports or fields to accomplish excellence
- Key personal qualities include adaptability, commitment, drive, innovation
- Strong computer literacy and coaching software
Deadline is September 23, 2022.