Canoe Kayak Canada (CKC) is the recognized authority by the International Canoe Federation on all aspects of paddling in Canada including the Olympic disciplines of sprint and slalom, and the Paralympic discipline of Paracanoe. Our vision is to be a Canadian sport for families, communities and champions.
We are seeking an individual to fulfil a term contract position as National Team Coach for Men’s Canoe. The contract would extend from September 14, 2020 to October 31, 2021 with the potential to renew at the discretion of Canoe Kayak Canada. The Coach will work under the direction of the Head Coach.
Under the guidance of the Head Coach the Contractor is responsible for the implementation of a comprehensive competition, training and monitoring program for the athletes for which he/she has been entrusted.
If you possess the passion and qualifications for this position, please submit your resume along with a covering letter clearly outlining why you believe you are who we are looking for.
Application deadline is August 14, 2020; apply to email@example.com
- The successful candidate will have a degree in a related field or equivalent.
- Be a certified Competition Development National Coaching Certification Program coach or hold an equivalent national coaching qualification
Skills / Background
- Be a coach with a successful track record of coaching athletes to the national and / or international level and / or extensive international experience as an athlete.
- Show evidence of working effectively within a team, possessing excellent planning, interpersonal, management and organizational skills, and can motivate and inspire others
- The ability to work in both official languages is considered an asset
- Evidence of the ability to think innovatively and use experience and knowledge from other sports or fields to accomplish excellence
- Key personal qualities include adaptability, commitment, drive, innovation
- Strong computer literacy and coaching software
If you have a passion for sport and believe you possess the appropriate experience and skill set for this position, please submit your resume and covering letter with the top 3 reasons why you are the ideal candidate for this position. Applications are to be summited electronically by 4:00 pm Friday August 14, 2020 to:
Graham Barton, Chief Technical Officer
Canoe Kayak Canada is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. In addition, Canoe Kayak Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We appreciate your interest however only those that will be selected for an interview will be contacted.