Freestyle Coaching Services – Expression of Interest
The Canoe Kayak Canada Freestyle Committee is interested in engaging a coach or set of coaches to support the development of Canadian Freestyle athletes between January 2020 and October 2021 (post Nottingham World Championships).
We are looking for coach(es) to provide the following services:
- Organize athlete developmental and performance training camp(s) for current and potential national team athletes
- During these camps address the following aspects of high performance:
- Mental preparation
- Emotional tools
- Strategies for working with a coach / receiving feedback
- Technical instruction for refining current tricks and learning new ones
- Video review in support of on water sessions
- Strategies for training on their own at home
- Ride routine planning and maximizing scoring potential
- Developing an action plan for continued development
An additional service offering would be remote video review and support for action plan implementation for athletes.
Coaches could be engaged on a contract basis for a single camp or multiple camps, depending on athlete interest, location availability and overall funds available.
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please submit the following information:
- Freestyle and Coaching experience
- Relevant coaching / instructor certifications or training taken
- Proposed availability, dates and location(s) for training camps
- Proposed pricing framework per day (including athlete accommodations if required)
- Proposed pricing framework for remote athlete support (if you choose to offer it)
- Proposed approach to a long-term progressive development program that would maximize Canadian athlete results at the 2021 World Championships
- How you would share information and recommendations back to the CKC Freestyle Committee
Please send your Expression of Interest to Scott Best at email@example.com by midnight October 20th, 2019