EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Women’s Kayak – location: Halifax (Competition # WK – 01)
Men’s Canoe – location: to be determined (Competition # MC – 02)
Women’s Canoe – location: to be determined (Competition # WC – 03)
Canoe Kayak Canada (CKC) is the recognized authority by the International Canoe Federation on all aspects of paddling in Canada including the Olympic disciplines of sprint and slalom, and the Paralympic discipline of Paracanoe. Our vision is to be a Canadian sport for families, communities and champions.
We are seeking the three (3) National Coaches. Reporting to the Chief Technical Officer, the National Coaches are accountable for the development of sprint racing member athletes capable of achieving world-class performances while contributing to the physical, psychological and social development of each athlete entrusted under his/her care.
The National Coaches are responsible for the design, content implementation and the results of a comprehensive competition, training and monitoring program for the athletes for which he/she has been entrusted.
If you possess the passion and qualifications for one or more of these positions, please submit your resume along with a covering letter clearly outlining why you believe you are who we are looking for!!! Should you be applying for more than one of these positions, please submit multiple applications quoting the Competition Number(s) as listed above.
Application deadline is March 30 at 4 p.m. EST. Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The successful candidate will have a degree in a related field or equivalent.
• Be a certified level 4 National Coaching Certification Program coach or hold an equivalent national coaching qualification
Skills / Background
• Be a world-class coach with a successful track record of coaching at the international level.
• Show evidence of working effectively within a team, possessing excellent planning, interpersonal, management and organizational skills, and can motivate and inspire others
• Have good written and oral communication skills
• Experience of applying aspects of sports science, medicine and technology to improve performance
• The ability to work in both official languages is considered an asset
• Evidence of the ability to think innovatively and use experience and knowledge from other sports or fields to accomplish excellence
• Key personal qualities include adaptability, commitment, drive, innovation
• Strong computer literacy and coaching software
If you have a passion for sport and believe you possess the appropriate experience and skill set for this position, please submit your resume and covering letter with the top 3 reasons why you are the ideal candidate for this position. Applications are to be summited electronically by March 30 at 4 p.m. EST to:
Canoe Kayak Canada is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. In addition, Canoe Kayak Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We appreciate all applications, however only those that will be selected for an interview will be contacted.