Canoe Kayak Canada is looking for individuals to join the Slalom High Performance Committee (CKC-W Slalom HPC). The CKC-W Slalom HPC will meet at least twice per year via telephone conference. The main role of the Committee is to provide technical direction of the Slalom discipline and High Performance Programs and as such it operates with a relatively high degree of autonomy on technical matters specific to the Slalom discipline.
The following Slalom High Performance Committee positions are up for election by the Whitewater Council.
- Slalom High Performance Committee Chairperson – 2 year term
- Member at Large – 2 year term
- Athlete Representative – 2 year term (Elected by the Canoe Slalom National Team)
All candidates must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be a current member in good standing of Canoe Kayak Canada
In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive knowledge of whitewater high performance programs and the Canadian sport system as it relates to the discipline
- Experience working on volunteer committees
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to work in both official languages is an asset
Please send completed application forms and a resumé outlining relevant skills and qualifications to James Cartwright by email at firstname.lastname@example.org before 5:00 pm on November 14th, 2019.