The Whitewater Canoe/Kayak Instructor & Coach is responsible for the delivery of paddling programs and activities for the Chilliwack Centre of Excellence Paddling Club (CCEPC), including our slalom athlete development program. She / he is accountable to and takes direction from the CCEPC President and Board.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
The Instructor & Coach is responsible for the organization, promotion, delivery and management of club paddling programs, acting with major responsibility in the areas of:
- Planning, coordination and delivery of club instructional and coaching programs
- Preparation of slalom athletes for local, provincial and national level competitions
- Event Management
- Maintain and manage a safe paddling environment and facilities
- Maintain and manage all paddling equipment and club assets
- Communicate with members (in English)
- Media Relations and promotion to recruit new club members
- In partnership with Canoe Kayak BC, develop a long-term high performance plan (including goals, benchmarks and key performance indicators), and annual review of athletes.
The Whitewater Canoe/Kayak Instructor & Coach has a flexible work schedule that is coordinated around CCE Paddling Club program delivery in beautiful Chilliwack, BC and Fraser Valley. The hours are typically full-time March to October and part-time through the winter.
- Daytime and evening work
- Regular weekday and weekend activities, and special events
- Flexible schedule that provides time-off in lieu for personal activities
Regular travel for club activities and canoe/kayak events
The Whitewater Canoe/Kayak Instructor & Coach will preferably have the following qualification level, or its equivalent, with clearly demonstrated experience.
- NCCP Whitewater High Performance Coach
- NCCP River Kayak Instructor 3 / Leader 3
- First Aid and CPR
- Swiftwater Rescue
- Driver’s License
The ideal candidate will have experience with competitive canoe/kayak and working with youth, as well as a road- worthy vehicle capable of pulling a small boat trailer. The Whitewater Canoe/Kayak Instructor & Coach must be versed in Canoe Kayak BC and Canoe Kayak Canada safe water practices and adheres to these requirements at all times. She / he will travel and stay with the team at club-sanctioned events.
Compensation will be based on revenue generated through the various programming activities, approximately $35,000 / year. The term of employment will initially be 1 year, with an option to renew depending on satisfactory performance and availability of funds. If interested please send resume by email only to: CCEPC.email@example.com
Chilliwack Centre of Excellence Paddling, #38-44849 Anglers Boulevard, Chilliwack, BC, Canada V2R 0Y4