NATIONAL TEAM ASSISTANT COACH – location: To be Determined
Canoe Kayak Canada (CKC) is the recognized authority by the International Canoe Federation on all aspects of paddling in Canada including the Olympic disciplines of sprint and slalom, and the Paralympic discipline of Paracanoe. Our vision is to be a Canadian sport for families, communities and champions.
CKC is seeking a National Team Assistant Coach. Reporting to the Chief Technical Officer and under the direction of the National Discipline Coach the National Team Assistant Coach is accountable for the development of sprint racing member athletes capable of achieving world-class performances while contributing to the physical, psychological and social development of each athlete entrusted under his/her care. This individual will be part of a team working to deliver CKC’s Olympic Program nationally with the objective of identifying a pool of athletes with a high probability of current and future podium success. As well this position will provide on-site support in a managerial role for assigned international competitions.
- The successful candidate will have a degree in a related field or equivalent.
- Be a certified Competition Development National Coaching Certification Program coach or hold an equivalent national coaching qualification
Skills / Background
- Be a world-class coach with a successful track record of coaching at the international level at both 0-4 and 5-8 years from the podium.
- Show evidence of working effectively within a team, possessing excellent planning, interpersonal, management and organizational skills, and can motivate and inspire others.
- Have good written and oral communication skills.
- Experience of applying aspects of sports science, medicine and technology to improve performance.
- The ability to work in both official languages is considered an asset
- Evidence of the ability to think innovatively and use experience and knowledge from other sports or fields to accomplish excellence
- Key personal qualities include adaptability, commitment, drive, innovation
- Strong computer literacy and coaching software
- Experience in a supporting role as an on-site manager for international camps & competitions.
If you have a passion for sport and believe you possess the appropriate experience and skill set for this position, please submit your resume and covering letter with the top 3 reasons why you are the ideal candidate for this position. Applications are to be summited electronically by October 31, 2019 to:
Chief Technical Officer
Canoe Kayak Canada is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. In addition, Canoe Kayak Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We appreciate your interest however only those that will be selected for an interview will be contacted.