Reporting a Complaint
CKC has appointed Independent Safe Sport Officers who any person within the CKC community, at any level, can contact to report or discuss incidents of abuse or harassment of any kind. These officers are available to communicate in English or French. Officers identifying as male or female are always available based on the preference of the complainant.
CKC has contracted W&W Dispute Resolution Services for this role. They may be reached directly and independently through the email address below. This is a confidential email address which will only be accessed by one of the independent Safe Sport Officers.
Reports should be made within fourteen days of an incident, however all incidents of concern occurring within the CKC community from any time frame should be brought to the independent third party for review and follow up.
Reporting Abuse or Harassment is often a difficult process. To this end, a person can expect the following when contacting the independent safe sport officer:
- All reports will be kept entirely confidential, in line with the wishes of the person making the complaint. This includes confidentiality from CKC staff.
- Complaint will be followed up on in a timely manner.
- The independent Safe Sport Officers are available to support persons making a complaint through the process and will provide advice and guidance on steps as and if a complaint proceeds.
- Your complaint will be taken seriously, and rigorously examined.
- Complaint will be managed in the language, and by an officer of the gender identity of your choice.
Should any complaint or concern come to the attention of the CEO or any CKC representative, it will be forwarded to one of our Safe Sport Officers.
Safe Sport Hotline
An independent helpline has been set up with the support of Sport Canada and the Sport Dispute Resolution Centre of Canada.
Anyone with a concern, who is not comfortable reaching out to one of the CKC appointed independent Safe Sport Officers, should feel comfortable reaching out to this free and confidential service.
Information on their services and how to contact them can be found at; abuse-free-sport.ca.
The abuse free sport phone and texting line is accessible at 1-888-83-SPORT, and is monitored from 8 am to 8 pm Eastern time.